Early birds!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jtallant, Feb 22, 2012.

1. jtallant

jtallant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    OK
    So I thought I had until next Wed to ship day, but Ideal called TODAY and asked if they could ship TODAY. Of course, I said sure. Then I realized that I had put off finding all my old brooder stuff and getting it out, cleaning, and checking that it all still even works because I was sure I had ALL WEEKEND ha ha ha ...so now I'm running around happily like a you know what with its head cut off....I am so very excited though. It's been 2 years since I had peepers in the house :)

On a side note, when I went to buy starter the guy there said that all starter crumbles had strychnine in it. I have never heard this before; is it true? Of course, he also wondered out loud 'what 'n the heck is a gosling?" [​IMG]

I wanted to get the Purina All Flock starter, but they didn't carry it, so went with the Nutrena chick starter and a bag of gamebird starter for the goslings. Anyhoo, back to getting the brooder set up to the right temp and admonishing all the dogs that they can't even look at it...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by