Early Christmas at Bat Cave Silkies

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bat Cave Silkies, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    One of the MANY great things about being my age (old) is that you get to choose and buy your own Christman presents.....it helps if your husband shares an interest in your "gifts"...lol

Wanted to share a few pics of the six special gifts I just bought myself. I do want to mention that these gifts would not have been possible without the help of my dear friend, and fellow BYC'er Judy K. ~~Three Cedars Silkies; and of course, the breeders of the beautiful gifts : Bren G. , and the other breeder prefers to remain unnamed at this time.

Now, let's see if I remember what Judy taught me about uploading pics...lol [​IMG]

"Rose", the lavender pullet I bought from Bren at the Nationals in Shawnee; she won Reserve AOV. In the pic, she had just washed her face in her water bowl.

[​IMG] Another lavender pullet from Bren
    [​IMG]
    and a third Lavender pullet from Bren

And now~~~three very special gifts~~American Paint (the yellow spot on each is food coloring)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    AWWW!!!! [​IMG] Judy is pretty GREAT!!! What cute babies [​IMG]

3. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

Whenever you have lavender chicks for sale, PLEASE let me know - it is definitely worth the 5 hour drive! [​IMG]

4. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    [​IMG]

I would LOVE to have paint Silkies!!! I like them more than my Lavs and I [​IMG] my Lavs!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Wow! You have two paints! Merry Christmas!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  6. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Thank you'll.....I think they're gorgeous and just love them!!!

Actually, it's 3 paints

7. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    WOW!!!! [​IMG] Amazing! The paints are sooooo cool! [​IMG] Merry X-mas to you!!!!

Now I have to go get hubby and show him these pics and give him a guilt trip!! HA HA HA! I'm so mean! [​IMG]

8. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Thanks rilly~~I'm thrilled with my new babies. They are, of course, a work in progress; I'll be working with Judy K. and the original breeder to improve their quality.

I've been in love with Paints since I first saw a picture of them on Feathersite 2 yrs ago....never dreamed I'd actually have any.

9. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    Oh Sandy!!!! i'll trade a bunch of whites for one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. NeeleysAVLChicks

NeeleysAVLChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Leicester, NC
    Sandy, they are goooooorgeous!!! Merry Christmas to you, indeed!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Another trip down the mountain may have to be in the works, I just have to snuggle these new little loves!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by