early hatch lost yolk sack PLEASE HELP !!!

spookykim

Songster
11 Years
Jul 16, 2008
Ohio
I had some chicks hatch 2 days early. I went to remove the shells and on one chicks I noticed that the shell was stuck to it so I removed the outer part (the hard shell) and left the inside part of the egg on it and seen that part of the yolk was sticking out of his belly. this was about an hour ago when I went to see how he was doing I seen the yolk was all over the paper towl I put him on it looks like it had bust and just poured out. is there anything I can do to save him? he is still alive but not making any noise or moving just laying there.

I am wonderinng if anyone else had anything like this happen and if so what the outcome was

If they hatch with the yolk sack out, but then absorb it they have a chance to make it. When the yolk sack ruptures they haven't absorbed all the nutrients and most of the time they don't make it. Good luck with him tho, I hope he's the exception.
smile.png

I'd check your temps....an early hatch usually means your temps were a little high.

Last edited:
my temp was at 98-100 for all days except 1. I had turned then before I went to bed even 100 when I woke up and went to turn them it was almost 103. but I do know it was only that one time. I have the kind that goes back to give you the higest and lowest temp and humidity.

well he is still alive so far but I noticed now that not only is the inside yolk out he (or she) also has the outside skin? of the yolk out now also he looks so skinny
sad.png
I just wish there was something I could do to save it. poor little thing is so cute. do you think I could make a mash of some kind to give it so it has food in its belly?

I have had this happen to me, to low of a temp and the chicks were hatched and the smell was just horrible. I had to put them down and it was just horrible, did try to allow one to lay there and slowly allowed it to die. Horrible, swore I'd never hatch again, crushed that incubator and sent it to the dump where no one else could use it. Good luck, if there is any yolk left on the outside, generally if it doesn't break, then it will harden and kill the chick in a few hours.
I hope you do not have any more, its a tough and cruel world that mother nature can produce, beautiful too, don't get me wrong!!!! Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom