Early Hatching??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lucky1, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Lucky1

Lucky1 Chirping

Jan 28, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I am going to enter a science fair competition and i want to do my project on chickens! I am wanting to see if i can shorten the incubation period. but i am open to ideas! I will be trying to hatch my best friends red sex-link eggs (black sex-link rooster), other wise the eggs would be in the frying pan as soon as they found them. please answer quick so then i can get started as soon as possible. (i have to have my final report in by April 1, so i want the chicks to be hatched way before then.) again, i am open to other peoples ideas as well!

2. Lucky1

Lucky1 Chirping

Jan 28, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Anybody?

3. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Songster

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    It's easy to shorten the incubation period. You can raise your temps up a bit above the ideal during incubation, but that can cause problems for the developing chick.

4. Lucky1

Lucky1 Chirping

Jan 28, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    How so? I am planning on coloring the embryo's different colors to identify them better, but i am thinking about changing the incubation up a bit to make it interesting, but i don't want to harm the chicks. I want to make this experiment very interesting for me as well as the judges.I want to go out on a leap any try something new. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by