early morning surprise

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Sugar Sand Farm, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Look what DH found when he went out to feed this morning. Good thing he went out when he did. When he went out the first one was just lying there alone. He left the pasture to call me to get towels and when we went back to get her there was her twin. The mother just walked away and left no 2 still in the membrane. DD got her out and bundled her up in the towels. Can't get a weight on them but they are so tiny. About the size of a 6 week kitten. They are now same and warm in DD familyroom near the fireplace in a box. My granddaughter named them Elizabeth and Estelle.

[​IMG]

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG] Sweetness! You're doing a great job so far. [​IMG] that things continue to go well!!

3. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    I love those kind of suprises! They look like a kid I had named Sam, same story nearly, mom had him and left him still sticky and wet, thankfully I got there in time too! Glad you saved them, they wouldn't have made it long out there!

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh, how sweet are they??? [​IMG]

5. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Awwww! I'd love a surprise like that, in the summer though. [​IMG]

6. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    They are so Cute! Congratulations!!! What a nice surprise. [​IMG]
    Mitzi

7. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Awww, they are adorable!

8. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Those are adorable! Is she feeding them? They need their colostrum, as much as they can get during the first twenty four hours especially! Great luck in finding them when you did!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by