Early Mothers Day Gift with pics

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by retiredsailor6, May 6, 2008.

1. retiredsailor6

retiredsailor6 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2008
    Ferndale WA
    Well this is what she wanted,
    and when Moma's happy everyone is happy [​IMG]

Dot is La Mancha/Boer and Shiver is a weather Saanan, I need to build them a few things so they can climb. Dot really likes to be up high.

[​IMG]

The DW got 5 chicks at the feed store, they started her addiction.... told her they were BO's but I don't think that's what they are turning out to be, but they are so friendly.
    [​IMG]

Just getting a drink
    [​IMG]

She will be getting a Saanan yearling that is being milked right now at the end of the month cause I haven't finished the milking stand yet. So her and the girls can make yogurt and cheese and maybe have a little left to drink.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    What pretty babies! I love the looks of both of them. Saanans are one of my most favorite of all dairy goats.

3. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    They are very adorable.

The little white one looks like a little llama from the side! [​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I was just thinking since your wife got goats I am not so odd in that I asked for stock tanks and float valves and got them this week too for Mother's Day [​IMG]

5. legacyln

legacyln Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Jefferson City, MO
    Wow, you get the Husband of the Year Award!! VERY cute babies. I wonder if the chicken in the middle photo is a Buff Orp cross? I have one Buff Orp and it looks the same on the back end, but yours seems a little redder/browner around the shoulders. However, overall the look is pretty similar.

But this reminds me to get off this forum and go shut the gang up for the night!!!

6. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Cute goats! I think your Buff Orps are actually gold sex links. They are very friendly and fantastic layers!

7. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    those are some cute goats.im trying to decide if i want some brush goats again.

8. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    On no. Someone delivered MY Mothers Day gift to your house!

Super cute babies!

9. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    they are so cute! My baby goats all seem to like climbing on the picnic table!!!

10. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    what a great mothers day gift. i got two goats for valentines day and am getting two more for my birthday! my hubby should be able to shop easier now. instead of flowers get me hay, fence, feed, animals, etc.

those goats are adorable!!

Last edited: May 7, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by