Early Pip

Kpenney

In the Brooder
Jan 29, 2023
I have an egg pipping before I even put my eggs on lockdown and jacked the humidity. It’s only been running on 35% and was due to go on lockdown tonight. The sack does not look good to me. This is my first ever pip! If you saw my post earlier this week, I opened my incubator on my two first eggs and they still haven’t pipped. I can hear peeping and lots of wiggling of the egg. Looking for second opinions on what it looks like. One extreme to another!

Attachments

• 840D8BF2-5A69-41E0-AAB1-547CD623812F.jpeg
    840D8BF2-5A69-41E0-AAB1-547CD623812F.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 16
I just reread your post about the eggs going into lockdown tonight.

I would go ahead and put all of the eggs in lockdown now if you haven't already. The egg appears to have started the zipping process and should be out and about soon.
The egg sack doesn’t look concerning to you?It isn’t open, just the shell cracked. Should I bother candling the others? I was set to candle everything tonight, I have no idea what ones are progressing or not. I wasn’t expecting this.

The egg sack doesn’t look concerning to you?It isn’t open, just the shell cracked. Should I bother candling the others? I was set to candle everything tonight, I have no idea what ones are progressing or not. I wasn’t expecting this.
What look concerning to you? It looks like a regular pip to me.

Back
Top Bottom