Early surprise under my broody! whoot new babies - bad pics -but pics!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ScaredOfShadows, Aug 3, 2010.

1. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

I was expecting my 11 mille fleur d'uccle eggs I got from a fellow BYC to hatch friday August 6th - that would be day 21...So I go this evening to check on the eggs one more time before I left the silkie hen alone till Friday - and...there are EIGHT [​IMG] [​IMG] yes EIGHT babies under her! With 2 more eggs pipped! 8 hatched successfully, and 2 pipped - out of ELEVEN SHIPPED eggs... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

blurry pics but it was getting late when I took these pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Promise better pics tomorrow!

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Wow, congratulations! [​IMG] That's fabulous for shipped eggs!!

3. abooth

abooth Chillin' With My Peeps

So exciting. Congrats!

4. Tropical Chickies

Tropical Chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Central Florida
    Hip, hip, hooray!! How exciting [​IMG]

I just received my shipment of eggs and they will be under my broody in about a couple of hours. I can't wait...she has been sitting on unfertilized eggs for about a month and half now...poor thing!

5. mothersin2ition

mothersin2ition Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Othello, WA
    WOOOT!!! How awesome! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Well there are 9 chicks, the other that pipped apparently just got too tired during the night and was dead awhile ago when I checked. I candled the 11th egg and no movement in there either - opened it up and chick had apaprently died in egg since I had last candled Sunday - never had pipped or tried - but was nearly fully formed.

So I have 9 chicks! Though this last one to hatch looks shaky and not too sure how he/she will do but is sticking with mama broody silkie (Taffy) - so we'll see.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by