Early to bed?

Mikee1948

Songster
8 Years
May 19, 2011
Early to rise?
I just checked (7:30 PM) and they were all back in the coop. What time do yours "retire " for the night? When I open the door, around 6-6:30 AM, they come charging out.

Last edited:
My older birds (3 years old) are headed in now @ 6:50 PM CST.

My younger adults are starting to gather around the coop, but aren't ready to go in yet.

My broodies have taken their chicks in for the night.

I'll have to chase the nearly 9 week old ones in @ 8PM and then I'll have to go hunting for one of my young cockerels, Rowdy, who never wants to go in.

Mine go into the coop around dark. But do they start roosting? HECK no. They wait till about 10pm most nights. And that means I can't go to bed.
smack.gif
smack.gif

Wait till they get older. My little ones go to bed early but not the big ones. I swear they think it is funny to watch me run in and out to check on them. Sometimes I have to turn the light off and get a flashlight so they will go up. I don't like going to bed at 11 pm. I am up by 4:30 or 5 am. I do know they do it on purpose and later they laugh at me.

I also have 10 week old chicks. They are usually on the roost by 7:30pm these days. The automatic pop door opens at 6am, but they want to come out earlier so I'll probably set it to 5:30am.

All it takes for most of mine is for the coyotes to start howling. Inside in an instant. I keep lecturing Rowdy on being coyote bait, but does he listen? Of course not!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom