Early wobbler! Advice please!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chuckyjo, Feb 28, 2009.

1. chuckyjo

chuckyjo Out Of The Brooder

Hi there. My 3 Miniature Ginger Oxford Game eggs are in the 'bator with 3 days to go. They stopped turning earlier today.

The first egg, which is the smallest and also happens to be the first egg Bonny ever laid (!) is already wobbling away! Whilst this is very exciting, I'm concerned that it's too ealry and will be too weak to survive or hatch out.

Am I worrying needlessly? Could it just be having a wriggle and not actually trying to hatch? And as they're miniatures and not full size fowl, could they just naturally hatch a day or two earlier than the full 21?

The temperature and humidity is spot on and has been throughout.

Whilst I'm excited and can't take my eyes away, would love your feedback, advice and opinions!

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    My thoughts, that it's just getting into position.

3. chuckyjo

I hope so.....because the other 2 have started now, even though one was set a day later....so shouldn't be due for another 4 days!

Hopefully they are just active, and are, as you say, getting into position.

Thanks for that.

I'll keep you posted. Thankfully, I have to go to work for a few hours, otherwise I'd be staring into the incubator and driving myself mad!

4. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Just getting into position. But you can have them hatch on day 18 or 19 and be perfectly fine. So either way Im sure theyd be fine. Goodluck, -Jay

5. chuckyjo

Thank you so much-I'm reassured. My last hatch pipped but didn't make it out, so I'm very weary over these 3 little ones!

6. chuckyjo

The peeps have all gone still and quiet-hardly anything for several hours so I think you were all right-they were just positioning!

Fingers crossed......I'm on tenterhooks!

xxx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by