Earthing/Grounding for Higher Winter Egg Production

westgl

Chirping
Apr 17, 2017
My 6 barred Rock girls, went from 6 eggs a day down to 2-3 a day since some time in late October early November time frame when the cold hit. I have been running an experiment on them, and so far have had good success, and thought I would share it.
At one point I was thinking I would run a heat Lamp during the winter, But Never did.

Let me start by saying I have a 2"x 4" Perch in my coup laid horizontal, so they have a wide area to stand on and sit on their feet to keep them warm at night.

The Experiment: was to Earth/Ground Known as Earthing or Grounding the chickens while sleeping, Grounding thins the Blood and crates Blood flow, this in tern warms them up. It is also Very reparative to them, gets rid of stress/anxiety and mainly removes all inflammation in their bodies, so they Can heal really fast, and also remove any pain they may have. I have seen testing reports on Human testing studies, that was extremely positive. So I decided to try it on the chickens.
I took some good sized copper speaker wire, that I had laying around, and stripped off the plastic cover down to bare wire, I stapled the wire, centered on top of their perch, I took a 100ohm resister between the end of the wire and the Ground Rod, this is incase of a lightning strike they would be protected.
I then wrapped the copper wire around the Ground rod, fastened the two together, and pushed the ground rod into the ground.
Results: My 6 hens are Now Laying 6 eggs a day, every day. Two Nights after grounding, I was getting 5 eggs a day.
thoughts are: they are happier and Less stress, and Warmer. at any rate, the experiment was a success.
I did the same experiment On myself, before the chickens to reduce my Pain, I had such pain that it would wake me up at night, and my wife's Pain to, I had anxiety and depression, this is all Inflammation, after a week or two of grounding all My pain, anxiety, and depression as well, all of it is completely Gone, my energy level went way up!!!. This gets rid of Inflammation better then anything I have ever tried.
I sleep MUCH better and don't wake up a few times a night very deep sleep.
I was getting 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night, before grounding.

The Experiment started by, me thinking if it worked so excellent and in such a short period of time for my wife and I, I wanted to see how it worked on the Chickens egg production. Success!!

A lot of Olympic athletes have been using grounding to give them the edge, for Tour defrance Lance Armstrongs team, they recover fast, sleep Deep, No jet lag either while traveling, and removes all inflammation which is the cause of all human ailments, that's what the studies say anyway. The science behind it is pretty cool, and so simple, and inexpensive. if anyone is interested google Earthing or Grounding, plenty of info out there. I really Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
My 6 barred Rock girls, went from 6 eggs a day down to 2-3 a day since some time in late October early November time frame when the cold hit.
That is also when the light left. Wait until they moult in the fall and rerun your experiment. They will naturally be laying more now simply because of the increasing light. Commercial egg factories provide 14 hours of light per day to keep the hens laying through the winter.

Or be really scientific about it, split the hens into 2 groups, give them exactly the same environment and ground only half the birds. You'll probably need to run the experiment for a full year with NO other changes to see if grounding makes a difference.

My 6 barred Rock girls, went from 6 eggs a day down to 2-3 a day since some time in late October early November time frame when the cold hit. I have been running an experiment on them, and so far have had good success, and thought I would share it.
At one point I was thinking I would run a heat Lamp during the winter, But Never did.

Let me start by saying I have a 2"x 4" Perch in my coup laid horizontal, so they have a wide area to stand on and sit on their feet to keep them warm at night.

The Experiment: was to Earth/Ground Known as Earthing or Grounding the chickens while sleeping, Grounding thins the Blood and crates Blood flow, this in tern warms them up. It is also Very reparative to them, gets rid of stress/anxiety and mainly removes all inflammation in their bodies, so they Can heal really fast, and also remove any pain they may have. I have seen testing reports on Human testing studies, that was extremely positive. So I decided to try it on the chickens.
I took some good sized copper speaker wire, that I had laying around, and stripped off the plastic cover down to bare wire, I stapled the wire, centered on top of their perch, I took a 100ohm resister between the end of the wire and the Ground Rod, this is incase of a lightning strike they would be protected.
I then wrapped the copper wire around the Ground rod, fastened the two together, and pushed the ground rod into the ground.
Results: My 6 hens are Now Laying 6 eggs a day, every day. Two Nights after grounding, I was getting 5 eggs a day.
thoughts are: they are happier and Less stress, and Warmer. at any rate, the experiment was a success.
I did the same experiment On myself, before the chickens to reduce my Pain, I had such pain that it would wake me up at night, and my wife's Pain to, I had anxiety and depression, this is all Inflammation, after a week or two of grounding all My pain, anxiety, and depression as well, all of it is completely Gone, my energy level went way up!!!. This gets rid of Inflammation better then anything I have ever tried.
I sleep MUCH better and don't wake up a few times a night very deep sleep.
I was getting 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night, before grounding.

The Experiment started by, me thinking if it worked so excellent and in such a short period of time for my wife and I, I wanted to see how it worked on the Chickens egg production. Success!!

A lot of Olympic athletes have been using grounding to give them the edge, for Tour defrance Lance Armstrongs team, they recover fast, sleep Deep, No jet lag either while traveling, and removes all inflammation which is the cause of all human ailments, that's what the studies say anyway. The science behind it is pretty cool, and so simple, and inexpensive. if anyone is interested google Earthing or Grounding, plenty of info out there. I really Hope this helps someone.

My question is how many eggs are you and your wife now laying? Haha just kidding that is an interesting study. I am wondering however when did you add the wire? Because laying has more to do with light than it does anything and so if you added the wire around the time the light was increasing...after Dec 21 the natural response would be an increase in production and so I am just wondering if you just got a false positive result? Or was it actually a direct result of the wire? Just some questions I think it is interesting and I will be looking into it might add it to my coop as well. I would think that if it really was influencing your birds you should have really good production through the spring and summer as well.. thanks for sharing your experience.

Back
Top Bottom