EARTHQUAKE in INDIANA!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by justusnak, Apr 18, 2008.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Wow, I lived in Alaska for 6 years.....when I moved here I thought the whole earthquake thing was over for me. Guess not! LOL
    Not a biggie...just 5.4....but it scared the bejeebers out of my chickens! LOL

2. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    Yep I felt it also, here in Portland..............frist time for me......

3. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Woah,that would totally freak me out [​IMG] When did it happen?

4. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I didnt feel anything

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    No fun! Sorry you had to deal with it. [​IMG] Glad everyone is okay though!

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

5:30 this morning. 65 chickens squaking.. 4 dogs barking. Wheeeeeeeeee, what a ride!

7. ChickenWing

ChickenWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Michigan
    It woke me up at about 5:40a. I was in bed, and felt my bed shaking, just a little bit. I thought my dog was trying to climb into the bed (which she never does), then I looked up and she was laying across the room. I said to myself, "must have been an earthquake." I am in Michigan, about 50 miles South of Detroit, 5 miles N of Toledo.

8. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    It happened about 540am, I was sitting here reading the threads and all of a sudden the house started to shake and the windows rattled and the dog came a running to my feet, I just thought it was the wind then the radio said that we are having a quake, I wouldnt have beleived it, if it hadnt been for the radio saying thats what it was, cause we get some pretty high winds here, but we dont get too many winds that make the windows rattle. No harm done here. All is well................Thanks.............

9. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    The quake hit Illinois and the tremors were felt about 350 miles away. It was 5.4 on the rictor scale. We pray that no one got hurt. [​IMG]

10. Cheep Mama

Cheep Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Michigan
    We live in west Michigan and there are reports of it being felt here also. I woke up and looked at the clock at the time it was happening, but did not feel anything.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by