earthquake in Indonesia -muhlia, you okay?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by possumqueen, Sep 2, 2009.

1. possumqueen

possumqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Monroe, North Carolina
    Hey, Muhlia,

I heard about an earthquake over there this morning. They say it was a big one. Are you all right?

no chickens yet -- building a coop -- reading the forum ALL the time

2. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Yes, Muhlia, please let us know that you and yours are ok! [​IMG]

3. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    [​IMG] and praying that you are ok!

4. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

oh, i still alive.. [​IMG]

glad there are some people still remember my name when disaster come to my country. [​IMG]

thank you so much all.

the earthquake happened at west java, about 5 hours from here using airplane (that's so far).

since indonesia consist of more than 30 thousands islands, sometimes there are thing/disaster happen in one placa didn't affect another place, except when earthquake happen in Aceh, in 2005, i did feel it.

so, i'm fine so does my duck eggs and my chicken eggs and either my roost and girls are fine at all. [​IMG]

thank you for asking. [​IMG] glad to know you all.

update : till now twelve people has died.

ew, i afraid this thread will be considered against rules or placed on inappropriate section.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Of course this thread will not be considered against the rules.
    I am very glad that you and yours are fine.

Best wishes, and [​IMG] for those in Java.

Imp

6. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Glad to hear you are fine and doing well.......... [​IMG]

7. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Muhlia, not at all against the rules, it was posted in the wrong place originally and I moved it here. I'm very happy to hear you are ok, we hear of these awful losses of life over there, once we 'know' someone there we feel the connection and want to make sure our fellow BYCer is ok!

8. mulia24

oh thank you for all of you. [​IMG]

i feel glad too not become part of the victim from earthquake, actually the earthquake not too very damaging, but the earthquake trigger the "landslides" (hope that's the right word) so many people "buried" under the soil, almost 100 buried now and still search by Search and rescue team.

thanks reinbeau, it's really happy to know BYC and BYC er are eager to know their "comrades" condition. [​IMG]

feel being welcomed in BYC.

ps: really sorry if there are word/statement considered "rude/improper/wrong" since i'm not too good in english. [​IMG]

9. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Glad to hear that all is well for you and your birds!

It is amazing to me that through forums like this, that I can say that I 'know' someone in Indonesia...or France...or Belize...

Stay safe friend.

10. mulia24

Quote:thank you camelot farms.

i really appreciated it. yap, i also find that's amazing i can learn and know what's on another country through forum.

oh, the birds is the safest creature here. [​IMG] now they are "roosting" on a box that only height 30 cm, it will be weird to see bird like this in US or england. [​IMG] the girls sleep a peacefull sleep with muscovy and the ducks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by