Earth's Children/Jean Auel fans

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by michickenwrangler, Jan 12, 2011.

1. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Book Six is due out March 29, 2011.

Loved the first 4 books but 5 was disappointing.

Please, anyone, if you post on here, remember the content of the books and keep it G-rated and let's not get into a debate on Ice Age humans.

2. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    I really wish she wrote faster, its been 9 years [​IMG]
    I have pre ordered mine, of course I want the next outlander book now now now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk is one of my favorite book sites. we use it all the time at the bookstore where I work.

3. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Oh wow, I am so thrilled to hear this. Funny thing is, DH and I were *just* talking about this a few weeks ago and when I told him how long it had been since book 5 came out, he wondered if perhaps she had stopped writing or had passed on or something. I was really disappointed at the thought I might never be able to continue the series. I'm so glad to know he is wrong and I get to read book 6 after all!!!!

4. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    It's called "Land of Painted Caves" and I've preordered mine on amazon.com

I also belong to an EC fan site: www.ecfans.com (I'm Izzie)
    Come and join.

We have the first 3 chapters posted on there and ...

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

It's much the same as Shelters of Stone. Info dumps, inane conversations, more introductions to Wolf than ANY info on Jonayla.

I really think Jean Auel might have lost her muse or else age is just catching up with her. I'm hoping it will turn out to be good though.

5. MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    Colorado Plains
    I re-read Clan of the Cave Bear every chance I got. I think about this series often, like how did people REALLY live and eat and gather food and when/how did fire really come into play.

Sorry.

Didn't buy the last one but did get it from the library. It had been so long since the previous book that I had to re-read all of the books to remember who was who. I think I'll get this new one from the library. Now would be a good time to put a hold on it! Thanks for the heads up.

Vikki

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Patiently waiting and hoping for a return to her original talent.

7. dmiravalle

dmiravalle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2010
    Foresthill, CA
    I am soooo excited, didn't know she was writing another, I gave up. THanks for the info!

8. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    I tell people about the natural herbs that were used in the books. And I love the research she did for the books.
    And find it funny that scientists are just now putting together the pieces, that she wrote as a piece of fiction, that is not AS fictionalized as it might be.

Carol

9. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    I spotted The Shelters of Stone on one of my bookshelves a couple of days ago and wondered if that was it, no more. . . guess not! I hope this book is better than that one. I will for sure have to brush up on what was happening, there's no way I will remember!

10. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    I loved the first books, but I agree the last one was disappointing. Just seemed repetitive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by