Easiest Incubator to use?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JordanFamily, May 14, 2008.

1. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    OK so I was just wondering if there is an incubator out there that controls it's own humidity and temp. I would like the cheapest one that you just put your eggs and water in and leave it. If you know of one that does this please let me know name, model number, price and were to find it. Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. coopist

coopist Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Midwest U.S.
  3. Chicken Cluck

Chicken Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    I could use that one too.

4. Nugget

Nugget Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2007
    My husband bought me the r-com mini. It only holds 3 eggs, but is great. It beeps when the water is too low, manages its own humidity and temp and turns the eggs until 2 days before hatch, then stops. Very nice and easy

5. Chicken Cluck

Chicken Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Maybe I could use that one too!

6. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

The genensis 1588 pretty much does the temp for you.Its preset to the correct temp and you just add the water and plug it in.I am doing my first hatch in it now.You have to check the water level/humidity but for the most part everyone says its the easiest one to use and its a good price.Cutler supply sells it the cheapest, if they are backordered and you can't wait then Stromberg's has them too.I got the whole system, circulated air, turner etc. for approx $170.00 or under . I got that one because everyone on this board seems to use it and recommends it.They say you just plug it in , add eggs and are good to go and so far that has been my experience as well.

7. msrma7670

msrma7670 Chillin' With My Peeps

We just are first ones using an hovabator 1588 VERY VERY easy to use if you take good care of it it will last a very long time in the long run it is a better deal than that r com

8. coopist

coopist Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Midwest U.S.
    Well, yes, the Genesis looks to be the very best of the styrofoam bators, drastically superior to my LG still airs. The reason I got an RCom is because it automatically regulates itself for ideal humidity; even when you open the lid, it goes right back immediately. So, no more worrying about OHNO I need to open the bator but I can't. Just open it, remove chick(s), put lid back on, instant perfect humidity without worrying about the others. At $379, it's a little over twice what the Genesis costs, though... Depends on what you want for the money.

9. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    pm me a link to the 1588 somebody

10. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Sent you two links Swiftfoot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by