East bay new member

cowgurl67

Hatching
Oct 18, 2015
Hi! I'm from Antioch and got my first two Americanas. I'm very excited and will be needing plenty of advice. I know they are about 5-6 months old and have not known to lay eggs yet but I am very suspicious that they have not been fed properly before I got them. This coming Thursday I will have had them one week, and I have them on purine layena crumbles. Hopefully they will start laying soon!

When they are approaching point of lay their combs will enlarge and redden up. They will squat if you touch their backs. You might want to put a golf ball or two in the nest boxes, so they know where eggs go.

Thank you I'll try that! Behold Thelma and Louise!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Thelma and Louise are certainly beautiful pullets. Thanks for posting their pics. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for sharing a photo of Thelma and Louise. I hope you see some eggs soon!

Back
Top Bottom