East Providence, RI....UNITE!!!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by kickinchicken, Sep 25, 2010.

1. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    OK everyone! Now that Providence is chicken country, we need to jump on this ASAP! You know how much Rhode Island has ADD...on to the next issue in 3 seconds.

Please, please, please PM me so that I can start organizing a group so that we can present to the NEXT town council meeting. The sooner we do this, the better.

BTW, if you were part of Providence's success, please PM me so that I can pick your brain on how you did it and perhaps point me in the right direction for stats and convincing presentation materials!

Ashlee

1 person likes this.
  2. forstadt

forstadt Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2010
    Providence, Rhode Island
    I live in Providence, but I run a business in East Providence. Good luck! East Providence really has a small town mentality, and I'm not sure whether that will help or hinder the process. If I had to guess, I would say that the council itself would be open to a chicken ordinance but would expect that the public comment period would be the most problematic aspect of the process. Get your hands on the text of the Providence ordinance, which seems well-written and well thought-out. Give the city council a call and see what it would take to get the issue moving. -- Mike

3. kickinchicken

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Well, it seems the only time parents or residents come out at all is if someone takes away recess...LOL I think with all the positive media recently made for Providence, it will help EP change over. Oh and the HUGE egg recall will help our cause as well. Commercial eggs stink!

4. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
  5. kickinchicken

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Awesome! Printed and saved in my Chicken file!

6. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    lol, chicken file? go figure. [​IMG]

7. celticchicken

celticchicken New Egg

Sep 30, 2010
    Hi, I found you via Google!
    I live in Riverside, and although living in a rental and not eligible to raise chickens myself, I would like to cheer you on and get this valuable resource available to all of East Providence.
    I'd love my neighbors to have them.

8. landshark

landshark New Egg

Feb 27, 2011
    Hey folks, just wondering what ever happed with east providence?

9. Dark Mechanical Angel

Dark Mechanical Angel Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2011
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    I know this isn't about East Providence but, are chickens legal in Cranston or Providence? If so how many do they allow?

10. landshark

landshark New Egg

Feb 27, 2011
    Quote:Well the second sentence of the thread answers the providence question. I don't know about Cranston.

To follow Up on my question. I PM'd Kickin and it appears EP is in progress, just waiting on a few things to fall into place. Fingers are crossed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by