East Tennessee here I come!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Qmedjoe75, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Qmedjoe75

Qmedjoe75 New Egg

Mar 1, 2017
    Hey Y'all, I'm pretty excited on this new journey God has me on! I'll be looking to buy a small 5+acre farm in Eastern Tennessee come by the end of the summer. I lived in the Asheville area for three years and lived on a 4 acre horse ranch and had some Black Austrolorps and RIR's. I absolutely fell in love with chickens and can't wait to acquire a home in the country and start living the dream of the farm life!

As I'm looking in certain area's any tips on towns to avoid due to strict restrictions? I'm to hoping to acquire some land as close to Asheville area as possible due to my church family being there.

2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Welcome to BYC!

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    1 person likes this.
  4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Qmedjoe75 [​IMG] Welcome!

Best wishes on your relocation!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Qmedjoe, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Hope the sun shines on our plans to acquire some chickens and start up a flock! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard chickens! Glad you joined us, hope you enjoy it here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

9. Qmedjoe75

Qmedjoe75 New Egg

Mar 1, 2017
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I just watched some videos on Knoxville and the surrounding areas! Really excited!

10. Qmedjoe75

Qmedjoe75 New Egg

Mar 1, 2017
    Just bought Joel Salatin's book "Pasture, poultry and profit" .... Any other books out there that y'all would suggest?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by