East Texas Peep says hi

Buns

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 3, 2010
Quitman, Texas
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes and no. Always had a few birds around, but never had chicken fever before now. Having to learn a lot about chicken care and the right way to do things. BYC site is awesome resource for everything so far.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

About a hundred if I count all the peeps! It's okay though, we live on a hundred acres out in the country and have room for just about anything we decide to bring home short of lions and tigers.

(3) What breeds do you have?

We like so many it was hard to decide so we have pairs of: bantam ameraucanas, brown leghorns, white rocks, cochins, white OEGB, blue gold duckwing roo with silver duckwing hen. 9 MGB - omg, they are the cutest little guys
tongue.png
, and 5 black rosecombs. In standard size birds we have black australorp split to lavender, several lavender orpington roos, a few each of pendesenca, blue & splash marans, barnevelders, buff orp, ameraucana and wheaten chicks. And one Shamo roo we call Sham-Wow. LOL I hope to market eggs and laying hens/pullets, also continue with Cammy's lavender australorp project.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Surfin

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

We have Tennessee Walking Horses. You can visit our site @ www.deercreekwalkers.com if you like. We also have a few brahman cattle now. Hubs is a former cabinet maker so he is darn handy around the farm and can fix or make just about anything.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Married for 20 years to love of my life, have two teenage sons (God, grant me patience, please), our eldest son is a cancer survivor and the younger has autism. They are both so incredible in their own way, we are blessed to have them. Our pets and livestock have been a great source of comfort to us during rough times. We have many animal "babies" we dearly love including a pet raccoon (don't gasp - she's really a doll <G>), nubian goats, a sphinx cat, and dalmatian and doxie Chelie & Gretta. I have photos on flickr under Carrot Mama, which is how most people on the net know me. Thanks for letting me share! I'm happy to be here.

Welcome from an imp in Washington

Sounds like you've got your hands full.

Imp- and rethink the lions & tigers

Good to be busy, don't you think?

Washington... sounds beautiful and a bit rainy.

Would love to visit WA somday and and look for Sasquatch.
tongue.png

Thanks for the welcome!

Back
Top Bottom