East TN ~ p/u only : Partridge Silkie trio for breeding

wegotchickens

DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies
12 Years
Jul 5, 2007
Sevier County, TN
YOU MUST COME GET THESE. I WILL NOT SHIP. I'd rather keep them and sell at a local trade than ship...

Squeaky hatched last summer from eggs brought in from ? (not sure but I think Chickenzoo). Squeaky has won 1st place in his category at shows last fall and this spring. He's not perfect but apparently the competitors were less perfect
wink.png

The pullets hatched from eggs I bought from cjexotic last fall. The girls were shown this spring. One is much fluffier and shows better. At least one is laying, maybe both.

These are beautiful birds and have shown well. They were my daughter's but she just isn't into them. I'm fond of them, but I need more room for my d'Uccle pojects...

BTW, this pic is from a couple of months ago. Will get a better more recent one since the girls are looking much prettier these days!

2952_squeaky_his_girls_edited.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a photo from today. I think both are laying, since I'm getting more eggs than I account for if only 2 birds are laying (they're in with my showgirl but she's not for sale).
I set some of the eggs to test fertillity. Pullet eggs, so I don't expect great results though...

2952_100_7380.jpg

Quote:
Thanks!
Sure wish you were closer.

I'm looking forward to candling the eggs to see if there's anybody in them. If not, it won't be for lack of attention
wink.png

I need more chicks like I need a hole in my head
tongue.png

But they are keeping my turkey eggs company....

Hello,
My wife is interested in the partridge silkies you have forsale and has place a bid. They look like very nice birds, do you have more silkies avaliable? We are located in sw va and can pick up. How far are you from Bristol Tn?

Last edited:
Hi! vapride and
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks!! I think they're very nice birds but I'm biased!
wink.png

These are the only Silkies I have available right now.

We're over an hour from Bristol, maybe an hour and a half. I can meet you at exit 407 on I-40, depending on the day / time.

Back
Top Bottom