Easter baskets for chickens!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Garjzla, Mar 28, 2015.

1. It really bad.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. I like it.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's really cool!:)

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Garjzla

Garjzla Overrun With Chickens

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    It's close to Easter, and if you are a pet chicken owner like me, you probably want to know how to make them their own personal baskets!

What you'll need:
    1 piece of paper per basket
    scissors
    A small, short, wide cup
    Colored markers
    A black sharpy
    Clear tape
    Glue (Optional)
    Beads (Optional)

First, get a piece of paper (any color) and cut the pointy edges off, the cut off piece should be in the shape of a handle, save it. Now, put your fist in the middle of the paper, put the middle over the cups opening and push it in, make sure it doesn't rip or wrinkle too much.
    Then, once it shaped, flat bottom, round sides, take it out and unfold it again.
    Put it on a flat surface and decorate the spot where you'll put your chickens name with a sharpie or colored marker.

Then, put it back in the cup, get your tape, and tape the inside, because it'll tighten it up and make it a little more stable, once it's taped up (inside only) take it out and tape the OUTSIDE folds, but not the chickens name or decorations!

Now, get the saved piece of paper and decorate it with colored markers, and you can get a little bit of glue, beads, and glue beads onto the handle to make it sparkly!

Now, tape the handle on, and you have a basket for your chicken! Chickens may be tempted to eat the beads, so keep an eye on them!

It worked out great for me, I made nine today for my birds!:)

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Great idea! Sounds so cute too! [​IMG]

3. Garjzla

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    Thank you! I'm also going to make Chicken Pops, little cookie balls for chickens with the inside full of frosting, kinda like cream puffs;)

4. HarleyHyena

HarleyHyena Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2015
    Texas!
    Adorable! I only have chicks... So I'll have to wait till next year to make them little baskets :C. I'll have to remember the idea though!

5. Garjzla

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    I'm sure chicks can have them, just supervise them;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by