"Easter" chicks, any idea what breed?

Smartie_Pants

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
Madisonville, KY
My cousin took her little kids to an Easter Egg hunt today and at the end they give each kid a chick.
roll.png
She knew we had tons of chickens and brought them out to us. Here's a pic:

004.jpg

The one in the pic has dark buff and black on his wing feathers. The second one has a light buff, black, and a tad bit of white. What do you think?

They are very cute. I have a mama silkie on the porch in a hutch with four eggs hatching under her, so once a few of the babies are out I'm going to put these two in with her and see if she will take up with them.

They both have single combs and yellowish pink legs.

And, yes there will be A LOT of unwanted chickens pretty soon. They actually wanted to get rabbits to give away, so I guess maybe it was better they gave chicks, I don't understand why they wouldn't just give away stuffed chicks and rabbits. You can get them anywhere this time of year, even the dollar tree!

Here is a pic of the other one. I'm kinda worried about it, becuase it is doing nothing but sleeping and not really moving around at all. Hopefully he will do okay. I'm going to give them some electrolytes and try to perk him up a little. Sometimes they just need that boost.

052.jpg

Back
Top Bottom