roostersandhens

Flap Your Wings!
7 Years
Jan 9, 2013
Saving Battery Hens at Happy Hen Chicken Rescue in
My Coop
My Coop
Hello,
I am the owner of Happy Hen Chicken Rescue. Here is a message from us, here at the rescue:
Please, do not get chicks for Easter, unless you are planning to care for them for the remainder of their lives. If you are getting them as a gift for someone, then please, make sure they are prepared to care for them, and want to care for them. Same goes for rabbits, did you know that 80% of rabbits for Easter don't make it past the age of 1 year? It is sad.. If you are in the San Luis Obispo CA area, and you or a friend, made the mistake of getting chicks for Easter, and no-longer want them, or you find chicks who were dumped after Easter, you can email us at [email protected]. Thank you for reading this. If you have any questions about this, or Happy Hen Chicken Rescue, please PM me.
- roostersandhens

Yep, it's here again. I just got a call from a friend who bought three baby chicks for her granddaughter who was visiting, thinking the grand would want to take them home for pets. Turns out one died right out of the box and the granddaughter was so upset about having to have a baby chick funeral she didn't want the other two. So friend called to see if I could take two chicks. I have chickens so I will take them as soon as they get big enough to not need a heat lamp, but I know this good deed will haunt me. What would you like to bet that they'll turn out to be roosters, which I. DO. NOT. NEED. Oh, well, been there, done that, but at least the chooks will have a good home. I didn't even ask what breed they were; I figured she bought them for cute, not for breed.

Well, the two Easter chicks have arrived. As I expected, the buyer had no idea what breed they are. One is brown and one is white and they both have feathered legs. I have no idea what breed or what sex they are; we'll see what they grow into. We are always punished for our good deeds.

Well, the two Easter chicks have arrived. As I expected, the buyer had no idea what breed they are. One is brown and one is white and they both have feathered legs. I have no idea what breed or what sex they are; we'll see what they grow into. We are always punished for our good deeds.

A co-worker's dad got out of the chicken buisness because he didn't want them anymore, he butchered many and gave a few away to people who wanted some birds. he was back into buisness because everyone who knew he had birds (or at least at one time) was rehoming to him birds people didn't want and ones people couldn't afford to keep I told my co-worker he needed to butcher all the old, sick birds plus all the roosters to "pay"for the hassle and either sell/keep all the show/laying birds. if he never he might be a chicken hoarder. he laughed and told me he was trying to tell his dad that.

Back
Top Bottom