Easter Day ~Pics~ of my newly hatched "Baby Doll" Cochins! Barely larger than a Quarter!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BunnyMomma, Apr 8, 2012.

1. BunnyMomma

BunnyMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2010
    Olin, North Carolina
    These sweeties started hatching last night, and are still hatching. I wanted you to see some pics of the size of them on hatch day compared to other size hatchlings. The larger chick in the 1st picture is a "small" normal sized cochin bantam chick. The chick has not dried off yet, but he will fluff out and be a real cutie pie!
    The second pic on the right is a Mille Fleur d'uccle chick that is the same age. The bottom two pics are the smallest "Baby Doll" that I have hatched to date! Happy Easter!
    [​IMG]

2. Pamelas liladys

Pamelas liladys Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2012
    These are so awesome, and even more so awesome after seeing the ones you showed me in person. They are cutie pies for sure.

3. BunnyMomma

Sep 17, 2010
    Olin, North Carolina
    Hi! Happy Easter! Thanks, I still have quite a few in the incubator. They will hatch tonight or tomorrow. They are pretty tough little chickies to be so tiny. I'm glad you liked them. I'm also glad that you saw them. So may people can't believe that they exist. This generation sould be smaller than Levi and Rachel. They are very small, but these should be extra tiny "Baby Dolls"
    Stay in Touch!
    Bunny [​IMG]

4. BunnyMomma

Sep 17, 2010
    Olin, North Carolina
    This little "Baby Doll" is so tiny, and really strong to be this size. I have several hatching tonight, and I can't believe how cute they are. I especially cannot wait until this little fellow drys off and gets that cute little fluffy butt!
    Happy Easter BYC'ers!
    [​IMG]

5. Sk8inChick(en)

Sk8inChick(en) Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    The Show-Me State
    Aww! Those are so adorable!! I can't believe how tiny they are...

Happy Easter!

6. BunnyMomma

Sep 17, 2010
    Olin, North Carolina
    Happy Easter! Welcome to BYC! They are so great, I just want everyone to see them. My hatch is going along fairly well, but I'm having trouble keeping my humidity up on my incubators. I added some extra water containers. I still have about 10 more to go. I had to help 2 chicks, because the membrane was too dry. I am almost afraid to go to sleep tonight, but I've been keeping a "Mother Hens" watch over them since Friday. I hope they hatch by tomorrow so that I can catch a nap! [​IMG]

7. southerncomfortfarms

southerncomfortfarms Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2010
    Kingsport Tennessee
    AWWWW I had bantam cochins night before Easter too!!!! I was so pleased.... I was absolutely shocked with the patterns that I got out of that hatch.

8. MonsterMom

MonsterMom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2012
    SoCal
    I would love to see pics of those cuties dry and fluffy!

9. Pamelas liladys

Pamelas liladys Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2012
    Monster Mom, Those Baby Dolls are awesome when they get dry. She had two hatched Friday when I was at her farm. They are so awesome

10. BunnyMomma

Sep 17, 2010
    Olin, North Carolina
    Hi! Here is "Teenie Tiny" the homely chick that was in the photo with the quarter!
    He is all dried off and enjoying his easter candy with his hatching buddy "Peep" Peep is a small regular bantam cochin chick.
    Thanks for being so supportive! You guys are my Peeps!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by