Easter Ducks, Geese and Cockatiels need adoption! (Western NC)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by vfem, Apr 16, 2009.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    These are NOT my animals, I do not have any more information then is posted here. I subscribe to the Carolina Waterfowl Rescue group, and they are who send me these notices. If you are interested, please scroll to the bottom of the description and contact Carolina Waterfowl Rescue! Thank you for your help, these guys need homes.

"
    Hello Adopters!

Our first Easter Ducks are starting to make their way into the rescue. I have an amazingly cute and sweet pair of pekins that was recently dumped. They are fully feathered and seemed to enjoy the pond but need some protected night time surroundings.

Here is a photo of them we took yesterday
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3445468057/

Handsome Muscovy Duck needs a family

This guy was attacked by a dog but has healed and doing great outside. He is pretty spunky so he can do well just roaming your property and eating insects. Here is his photo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3405055141/

We still have several cockatiels that are at the rescue. If you are interested in adopting one you must fill out the exotic bird adoption application. Email me if you want to apply.

Photos of the cockatiels
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3378396711/
    and
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3212852962/

We still have quite a selection of geese. Some of them have special needs but quite a few are perfectly healthy and ready to go to new homes. We have a Toulouse/china mix, a white china and some embdens and pilgrims. Email me for details about this sweet geese. I don't have photos of them all yet.

Want maintainance free birds? We have an influx of mallard ducks and Canada geese babies coming in. If you have a pond we can release some of these birds on your property.

If you already have wood ducks and would like some more and you don't hunt on your land email us for details of our wood duck release program.

Without your help we wouldn't be around today and able to take in so many injured and orphaned animals!
    "

Carolina Waterfowl Rescue
    PO Box 1484
    Indian Trail, NC 28079
    www.cwrescue.org
    704-668-9486

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I wish I was closer and could adopt,, I just wanted tp say that this is an awesome thing you are helping with...

3. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Oh I don't work for them, I'm just a subscriber. I have a pond and if anything that comes across that needs a release pond I like to volunteer if I can. I can't adopt anymore... so I'm trying to let others know whats out there. [​IMG]

4. berryhill chicks

berryhill chicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2009
    southeast louisiana
    will adopt geese and ducks. Have a few and lotsa room.. Luv my silkies!
    Am in Eastern La.

5. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ok... apparently people don't read, so I think this is going to be my LAST post from the foundation I get this from.

THESE ARE NOT MY ANIMALS... I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM... I CAN NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS!!!!

There is a website and phone number for the lady who runs the rescue. She is the one to contact.

Carolina Waterfowl Rescue
    PO Box 1484
    Indian Trail, NC 28079
    www.cwrescue.org
    704-668-9486

Now come on people, I understand you want to help.... but please stop all the emails and PMs reguarding what animals you want. I can't do anything for you! I don't want to have to stop this information, these ducks/geese really do need help. So please completely read my posts through.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by