easter eager sex?

Aaron Young

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 28, 2013

One and three are roosters, not sure on the second. Can you get a better pic? Profile shots including legs and comb are best for sexing.

I think all are roosters. Pic 2 could be a girl just because the coloring seems more even along with the pattern. But those tail feathers seem rather pointy. Other 2 are roos.

If you get pictures of each bird showing a full side view it will help as we'll be able to see if they have hackle and saddle feathers more clearly. Also a closer up frontal view of the head showing the wattles and comb will help tremendously. Easter Egger roos will have a pea comb comprised of 3 vertical rows of peas whereas a pullet will have a single vertical row of peas.

You don't say the age...and that can help as well as better profile shots.

If I knew the age, I would say with more certainty...but right now:

1. I'm going with pullet...why? Because I think that red will even out...my EE pullets of that color molted as they aged and regrew, and left me worried a few times as some of that red came through, but then evened out again as they matured. I think that one is likely a pullet. It will get patchier if it is a rooster, but I bet that it will continue to even out in color and be a female. Looks just like my pullet did.

2. Likely a rooster...but could be a pullet. That color is hard to guess without some secondary feathering.

3. Definitely a rooster

My guesses,
Lady of McCamley

1) Deep red sheen indicates male. I wouldn't be certain of this until a better picture is given.

2) Most likely female. White/black females are NOT common but it has the white/black coloration that I have only ever seen on females.

3) Male-ONLY coloration. Definitely male.

1) Deep red sheen indicates male. I wouldn't be certain of this until a better picture is given.

2) Most likely female. White/black females are NOT common but it has the white/black coloration that I have only ever seen on females.

3) Male-ONLY coloration. Definitely male.
I do think #2 is the possible girl but aren't those tail feathers pointy for a female?

Back
Top Bottom