1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Easter Egger and I think Australorp - Gender?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jenesis536, Jan 23, 2011.

1. jenesis536

jenesis536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    These 2 are 14 weeks old. I think they are both pullets, but the slope in the tail feathers made me wonder. My 2 light brahmas boss these 2 around, so they aren't very dominant. The EE is smaller than the rest and very fast and will put up a fuss if picked up.

Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    I believe you are right! Pretty little EE - Looks just like one of my first two EEs that were attacked. And the Aussie looks just like my girl did at that age, so long ago. She should be a good layer, my girl is going on 5 years and still laying me a few eggs a week [​IMG]

3. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    2 girls! [​IMG]

Your EE has a real pretty full beard... I LOVE beards on chickens, they're SO cute!

4. gordonburrito

gordonburrito Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Mid-Missouri
    Quote:But..... she's so adorable and those muffs....how could you not pick her up [​IMG]

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    2 girls, and wow, that EE is the closest I've seen to a true gold duckwing female. [​IMG]

6. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    Girls and love the EEs coloring!

7. jenesis536

jenesis536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    Ok... phew... I just had to rehome one of my "hens" because "she" started crowing, so I was hoping these two were girls.

And thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by