Easter Egger and Sebright - what gender?

jemagsy

Songster
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Georgia
My husband swears he heard one of my six week old Easter Eggers crow (of course he had to hear my prettiest one do it
sad.png
). So I am going to check with yall... I am not real sure on the pea combs.. at least I think this is a pea comb?? Also have pictures of our Sebright who I also hope is female, and have no reason to doubt yet.

Easter Egger

DSC01777.jpg

DSC01778.jpg

DSC01780.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

DSC01783.jpg

Sebright
I am also including pictures of the Sebright wing tips even though I am pretty sure the pullets and cockerels are supposed to have the same feathering. I have to say I am really happy with this breed and am glad my husband suggested them.

DSC01785.jpg

DSC01786.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

Thank you again.

Yeah.
sad.png
I keep hoping you all will give me different answers than what I am thinking though!
roll.png

I know I've read typically 10-12 hens per roo, but has anyone had success with 2 roos (one would be a bantam brahma) and 10 hens?

Thank you!

For right now and so long as there is no serious maiming / fighting going on it looks like we are going to keep him even though he is a roo. (We already have one roo and with this little one being a roo as well it would make 2 roos for 10 hens
hmm.png
).

So wish us luck and hopefully I will not have to give away too many more birds.

i have 2 roo's in my "big pen" and theres certain hens that the young 1 can touch,,,but he has more problems with my "queen" hen kicking the feathers out of him if he tries to touch her or the ones she considers "untouchable" hehe
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom