1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Easter Egger and Silver Laced Wyandotte Chicks near Galax, VA

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by my sunwolf, May 26, 2012.

1. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Songster

Apr 22, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    My Coop
    We don't ship--local pickup only.

We have 17 Easter Egger cockerels for sale. They are about 8 weeks old and extremely colorful. They would make great breeding roos!

We have 8 Silver Laced Wyandotte cockerels for sale. They are about 7 weeks old and are very docile.

Prices: $5.00 OBO.

You can reply or call me at 503.853.6482 for more info or to arrange a pickup.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. lwood12

lwood12 Hatching

May 28, 2012
    Any of the pullets available still? I just bought property in Riner VA, about an hour from you, and would like a few chickens for my daughter to help raise. She thought the Easter Eggers would be cool, but I think the Silver Laced Wyandottes would be good too.
    Thanks!

3. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Songster

Apr 22, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    My Coop
    I'm glad there's someone in the area interested in chickens! Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one [​IMG] I will say that the EE's are my favorite kind of chickens, even though they're not an official breed--they're so friendly, hardy, good at foraging, and just generally great birds. Both the EE and Wyandotte pullets are still available, I've posted some pictures so you can have a look.

Here's the first EE girl:
    [​IMG]

This girl I'm iffy about--I would give her another week before I sell as a pullet just to be 99% sure.
    [​IMG]

This is my single comb Wyandotte pullet at 3 weeks (she is a bit bigger now):
    [​IMG]

And if you'd like I can take a picture of the other Wyandotte pullet as well.

Let me know if you're still interested!

4. lwood12

lwood12 Hatching

May 28, 2012
    They are cute! We are moving to Riner next week, so I will call you after we are settled to see if you still have them. We have never raised chickens, but the property already has a chicken coop set up on it, so I think it will be fun.

5. HippieHomesteader

HippieHomesteader In the Brooder

Apr 3, 2009
    Stuart, VA
    I am in Stuart, and I may be interested in a few of these gals. I'll check back in a day or two to see if they are still available.

6. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Songster

Apr 22, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    My Coop
    Wanted to post some more pictures of the pullets!

This one is the friendliest and very calm--I was thinking of keeping her, but we're moving and can't take her with us.
    [​IMG]

Here are my other two Wyandotte girls (they wouldn't sit still for the picture!):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Songster

Apr 22, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    My Coop
    All the pullets are sold, but I have a huge mess of cockerels still available! The EE's are brave and cocky, the Wyandotte's are shy and gentlemanly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: