Easter Egger Boy???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SIMPleChick, Apr 25, 2011.

1. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Boo is my 4 week old EE! Boo has a larger comb than my 10 week old EE! Is Boo a BOY??? The other EE that is the same age as Boo still has a small, flat, yellow pea comb.... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SIMPleChick

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Boy are my pictures BAD or what!? LOL! SOrry, indoor light and a bad phone camera!

3. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    You are right he is a pretty EE boy!

4. Barrdwing

Barrdwing Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks suspiciously like a boy to me. Those EE's can be tricky, though; maybe give him/her a little more time and see what happens.

5. Forever Green

Forever Green Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2009
    Yep, thinking EE Roo. I've had several EEs, my female pea combs were never that size or that red at 4 weeks. My EE roos have been awesome birds. I've had several, but over time could only keep one.

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    cockeral [​IMG]

7. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Yep, that's a cockerel, all right.

8. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    Cute lil cokeral.[​IMG] LOVE EE's.

9. Nystra

Nystra Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2010
    Southern ME
    Might have to wait a bit longer.. I had a EE I was suspicious of and posted lots of pics and I got majority saying to was a girl and a few saying a boy.. Well it hit the age of about 5months and started crowing on me grew the saddle feathers and its tail arched... Twas a boy! Best behaved Boy I've ever met! But now I have some girls and comparing the two The comb on the females is minuscule compared to my Roos. So when its about two months or so if that comb gets any bigger... Probably a Boy. I also saw the behavioral Differences before visual.. Good Luck! My EE is about a year Old now and the nicest Rooster! protects my girls amazingly! [​IMG] So leaning towards a boy for now but who knows!

10. SIMPleChick

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Oh my goodness!!! Boo is the SWEETEST thing, and is super funny but I can't keep Roos where I live so i HAVE to get rid of him.... [​IMG] IF he really is a boy....and it looks like he is!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! This makes 5 boys out of 20 chicks I have purchased!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by