Easter egger care and colors

dreamcaughtcoop

Hatching
Apr 28, 2015
Hopefully in the next month I will be getting 2 Easter egger bantams from a friend of mine, I own two old English game bantam hens right now and I wanted some tips on caring for Easter eggers. I also wanted to know what are these two colors called? (pictures are from google) These are the colors I like and i'm hoping to get. Thanks in advanced!

They need on different care than other chickens. Most are pretty hardy in my experience. My oldest hen is an Ameraucana.
Important things in order of their importance - fresh air, fresh water, fresh quality chicken feed always available, insoluble grit.

They don't need any sort of extra or special care.
Easter Eggers do not have 'standard' colors. They can be any color/pattern combination. Easter Eggers are not bred for specific colors, so you never know what a color a chick will grow up to be, and you can't know what color egg they will lay until they actually start laying.
The first bird looks like a splash with gold or buff. Splash have two copies of a blue dilute gene, diluting their black feathering into a light grey or almost white.
The black and white bird looks to have a columbian pattern.

Back
Top Bottom