Easter egger chick help... 1 is so different.

Grace birds

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2017
Hello! new to byc and just have a question! i have 7 easter egger chicks and they are about 3 weeks old now. They all started out very chip monkish but one was always just smaller then the others and yellow....it is now starting to trade some yellow fluff for some pretty orangish brown feathers but is still much smaller then my other ee's and unlike all the rest this little runt has yellow legs my others have dark green legs. Is this not an easter egger at all im wondering? any advice would be great thanks!!

Easter eggers have no standard of assistance due to being mixed breed birds. Your odd ball may be an easter egger, but could just as easily be a different breed all together. Can you take amd post some photos?
While the bird may be a bantam, it may also be a bird that is failing to thrive which would benefit from additional care.

Easter eggers have no standard of assistance due to being mixed breed birds. Your odd ball may be an easter egger, but could just as easily be a different breed all together. Can you take amd post some photos?
While the bird may be a bantam, it may also be a bird that is failing to thrive which would benefit from additional care.
Agreed

So the first and second pic is the little runt i was talking about the third pic is what most of my other easter eggers look like. The black one is actually one of my australorps I have 7 of each.

Can you post a picture of the runt with the "bigger" ones for size comparison.

Back
Top Bottom