Easter Egger chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Miss Red, May 12, 2010.

1. Miss Red

Miss Red Songster

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    I have three Easter Egger pullets that are five weeks and a stunted Easter Egger cockeral that is two months old and about the size of a three week old chick. One of the pullets is white, the other two are brown with orange/black necks

They are out of my beloved Piggy and a Leghorn Roo that recently went to freezer camp. Pictures of parents and chicks available upon request. I do have about a hundred pictures of Ducky, the cockeral, but none of the EE pullets yet. Will get some if wanted.

ETA: Pictures of Ducky and Piggy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. Hi Miss Red,
    Where abouts are you in East Texas? I'm in Waxahachie, in Ellis County, about 30 miles south of Dallas. Would it probably be safer for them and better
    all the way around if I could pick them up instead of having them shipped, do you think? Would the auction price be for each pullet or for the whole group?
    I'd be interested in one or two but the stupid city laws here would prohibit me from buying everybody (as much as I'd like to). Also, I'd love to see pictures
    of the pullets. [​IMG]
    thanks a bunch,
    Camile- Chicken Chaperone

3. Miss Red

Miss Red Songster

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    The price is for each pullet. One of the pullets looks like a smaller, less feathered version of her mother. I will get pictures in a bit once everyone's settled down, we just had a hawk fly over and most of the girls are still 'hiding'.

I'm in the Huntsville area, closer to Groveton/Crockette than Huntsville, really. It'd be easier on my concious[sp] and the chicks if they were picked up / met halfway for a pickup.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures. My camera broke having to take them with my phone and can't get close cause the mama is spooky today for some reason. I will get more later if the hen calms down. They're the white, and tan/gold chicks next to the hen. She is NOT the mother just the broody who sat on them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  4. Thanks for the pictures! I Map-quested y'all and it looks like you're about 2 hrs and 45 minutes from our house
    so that'd be no problem for us to drive down to you and pick up babies! [​IMG]
    So count me in for 2 pullets (assuming I win the auction) and I'll keep watching the bidding to see what's going on.
    Yay! I've wanted EEs for so long and really wanted my business to go to a fellow BYCer so this is great! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  5. Miss Red

Miss Red Songster

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    Awesome! I'll get the girls caught up from their free ranging tonight so I wont be worried about where they've run off to when the time comes!

6. I'm still the high bidder! Woohoo!! ::doin' the happy dance!::
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. I won!!!!! Now I'm really doin' the happy dance!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by