1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Easter Egger cockerel or pullet? Help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickMom5711, Aug 15, 2014.

1. ChickMom5711

ChickMom5711 In the Brooder

Jul 1, 2014
    LaFayette, Georgia
    My best friend lost one of her ladies last night and I am giving her one of my EEs. However, I am questioning the gender! I can't give her a too, she needs a hen. Almost 9 weeks. Any help?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. deputychicken21

deputychicken21 Chirping

Apr 11, 2013
    Ozark Alabama
    Looks like a hen to me.

3. ashtree

ashtree Songster

Apr 9, 2014
    oklahoma hills
    I can't see the comb in the picture, is it a 3 row? Or 1?

4. goldfinches

goldfinches Songster

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    Looks like a pullet, but a single comb, not pea? Very pretty bird.

5. ChickMom5711

Jul 1, 2014
    LaFayette, Georgia

I bought 4 "Blue Americauna" chicks from a lady with about 50 chickens. She had all kinds. I am not positive this I an actual Americauna, but they are beautiful birds, nonetheless. I could tell my lightest blue was a Roo at 3 weeks. He has a pea comb and his wattles came soon after and both were bright red by 5 weeks. The bird pictures has a single. If I was going just by the feet I would say Roo, because they are pretty big. I have NO idea what I am doing when it comes to EE/Americaunas/Auracanas. For some reason they are really hard to call for me! I just am not sure what this little one is.

6. ChickMom5711

Jul 1, 2014
    LaFayette, Georgia
    I should also say that they range from light grey/blue to dark, almost black. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have read so much on them all I think I have confused myself. :D

7. ochochicas

ochochicas Songster

Apr 3, 2014
    Washington State
    It looks like a pullet, but since she does not have a pea comb she probably does not have a blue egg gene and will lay brown eggs. Pretty hen regardless of what color eggs she lays.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: