Easter egger cockerels, NOT hatchery stock, NW IL

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Meara, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Meara

Meara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Midwest
    Multiple bird listing so don't hit buy it now yet. Please PM me first.
    These are Easter eggers that are NOT from hatchery stock.
    I have wayyyy too many boys but they sure are pretty! These are friendly birds and make great backyard roos or pets. They would be good for families with children. Their dad is an awesome rooster, gorgeous and cuddly too. They have proven to be quite hardy in the harsh midwestern winters. Most are going to be bantam sized, but I have a few that will be standard sized. The hens in my flock lay light blue, green, pink, or white eggs. Of course the boys don't lay eggs;) They have a little bit of d'uccle in their ancestry so some of them have feathered legs. Their beards and muffs are just starting to come in and will fill out as they age. Both my hens and roosters have full beards and muffs. They are just starting to show hackle and saddle feathers, no crowing as of yet. Most of my birds are based on wheaton and some of these boys are going to look like classic blue wheatons in color. I have several who are splash with mahogany. I also have lemon running through my flock so I expect these boys have the potential to breed some especially pretty chicks. I don't have any pullets available right now, but might later in the summer. I have more cockerels than are pictured here.
    I'm located in the greater Quad City area on the IL/IA border in NW IL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by