Easter Egger Colors and Sex

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cwaldensr, Aug 30, 2016.

1. cwaldensr

cwaldensr Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2014
    We had two Easter Egger chicks born and they are growing up nicely. I now have four – two hens and two chicks. Three of them are the gold/brown color and one came out white. I have now read here that there are white ones. In the post I read the white one was a rooster. Pardon my lack of experience but is the white one I have a rooster? How do you tell? Will the eggs still be green?
    How does one get permission to add attachments so I can show you the pictures? Tells me I don't have permission. I added the pictures to my profile.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    There is no guarantee that the white is male. Easter Eggers can be any color/pattern. Egg color has nothing to do with plumage color.
    To add pictures, just click on the icon that looks like a postcard with mountains. Then select which pictures you want to upload.

3. cwaldensr

Nov 13, 2014
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the reply. I totally missed how to add pictures. Here are my two Easter Eggers. They are now about three months old.

4. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Both pullets.

5. cwaldensr

Nov 13, 2014
    Thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by