Easter Egger colors

MadabtChickens

Songster
8 Years
7 Years
Jan 24, 2012
near Branson, MO
I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me identify the colors of my 4 EE chicks. I'm just curious to see what they're going to look like when they get their big girl feathers in.
Buttercup

Leira

Lilly

Anastasia

My Easter Egger is a now a year old, but here is what she looked like at various ages. She most resembled your Lilly as a chick. Shelays blue-green eggs. Have fun watching your girls grow up.

Sheena at 9 days.

Sheena at 25 days.

Sheena @ 5 weeks.

Sheena at 7 months

@Idaho, that is one gorgeous chicken!
D.gif

My Easter Egger is a now a year old, but here is what she looked like at various ages. She most resembled your Lilly as a chick. Shelays blue-green eggs. Have fun watching your girls grow up.

Sheena at 9 days.

Sheena at 25 days.

Sheena @ 5 weeks.

Sheena at 7 months

Sheena is very pretty! I wouldn't mind at all having a hen that looks like her. Thanks!

The very first picture is about what my white one looked like. She is 3 1/2 weeks old now and is getting in white/cream colored feathers.
I figured she would be some form of white. I've had a lot of people tell me that it's really hard to tell what color EE chicks are going to be since they're not pure which is completely fine with me. Now I get to be pleasantly surprised.
big_smile.png

Thats because EEs don't really have "named" colors since they are not an official breed. I have heard people refer to them using named colors from other breeds...but honestly most EEs are such beautiful, completely random mixes of colors that you can make up your own names for them
wink.png
. BTW...I am very jealous of Lilly, that is my favorite color in EEs and I can't seem to get a chick that turns out that way.

Back
Top Bottom