1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Easter egger egg colors...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mags2009, Jan 21, 2010.

1. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    ok everybody, our last and final chicken finally laid her first egg two days ago, one of our three EE's. I was sooo eggcited because her egg was an olive color, then yesterday she didn't lay, the other two ee's did. One always lays a light green/blue color, and the other lays a light brown [​IMG]. Anyway, today I got two light green/blue eggs, no brown. One had a little blood on it. Am I to assume my new "olive egger" doesn't really lay olive colored eggs???? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  2. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    She may just be adjusting. My Wellie laid some weird colored (light) eggs when she started, but theyve gotten darker. They are really pretty.... ]
    Anyway! I wouldn't give up hope. She will probably get back into olive egging.

3. firsthouse_mp

firsthouse_mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    NorthernCal
    Sorry to ask a question and not answer yours, but how old is your EE? Mine are now 6 months and not an egg among them! Just my RIRs and Barred with their brown eggs. One day I had 3 eggs and hoped that the EEers had started but I think it was just the same older group laying....

4. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Our first started to lay at 19 weeks, the next 22 weeks, and now the third. I was expecting them to take forever as what i've read is the case, but they were right on the mark! Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by