easter egger egg price

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rayray983, Jan 9, 2014.

1. rayray983

rayray983 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2013
    cushman arkansas
    Here's my question I have a local woman wanting to sale me barn yard mix ee eggs she said they all lay light green eggs she want to charge me $10 a dozen is this to high of a price for run of the mill EEs

2. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    Easter eggers are a barnyard mix/ mongral to begin with so that doesn't matter. $10 for a dozen fertile eggs seems fair to me. She'll collect fresh, clean eggs daily and store them properly for you. If you incubate correctly those eggs will yield a very high hatch rate.

3. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    We charge for $1/egg for EE hatching eggs. We charge $10/dozen for "our choice" hatching eggs, which includes several different colors of eggs. No guarantees as to what colors of eggs the resulting pullets will lay.

Meyer Hatchery charges almost $40 for a dozen EE hatching eggs (incl. shipping) if that gives you an idea. And for a price comparison, I've bought purebred BBS Ameraucana hatching eggs for $35/dozen, including shipping.

4. rayray983

Dec 30, 2013
    cushman arkansas
    Thanks I found another local person today that will sale me light green olive and blue EE eggs for 5 dollars a dozen I think I'm going with her and yes that foes tell me its expensive lmfao

5. tjkrat

tjkrat New Egg

Oct 19, 2013
    I am looking for some of the easter egger eggs too. What state are you in? I am in Ohio and have not found anyone local...

6. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    You can buy green or blue eggs but if the rooster is not an EE your chances drop dramatically.

7. rayray983

Dec 30, 2013
    cushman arkansas
    I found a woman who had EE eggs covered by a cooper Moran not if spelling is right if my research is correct I could have hens with blue green brown chocolate or olive colored eggs and I'm located in Arkansas but ended up getting eggs for 5 dollars a dozen and for my next hatch I've lined up 4 to 5 dozen EE eggs from another person maybe 25 miles from my house

8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

A blue egg that is fertilized by a Marans rooster will never produce a pullet that lays blue eggs. Not genetically possible.

9. rayray983

Dec 30, 2013
    cushman arkansas
    Going more fore olive eggers

10. FluffyPuff

FluffyPuff Chillin' With My Peeps

How much should I charge for non-hatching EE eggs? Are there different prices for different colors? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by