Easter Egger eggs set March 14th

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by vandamma72, Mar 14, 2015.

1. vandamma72

vandamma72 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2015
    I have set 27 easter egger eggs with my homemade incubator today. Any advice about incubating would be greatly appreciated! This is my second time and the first time I got no hatches..

2. Jedwards

Jedwards Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    Berks County, PA
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Can you maintain a constant temp around 99.5-101.5 and humidity also? Did you check out the Learning Center on this site? It's got a lot of good info!

3. vandamma72

vandamma72 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2015
    I can manage it to a point. That was my problem last time is that the temp accidentally got too high too many times... I would check it every hour but it was so unpredictable that it was impossible. This time I am using a Styrofoam cooler with a 25w bulb, thermostat, fan, viewing glass top and water containers. The only problem is the thermostat varies the temp from 92-102, so it will go all the way up to 102 then the light will go off and it will dive down to 92 then the light will turn back on and so forth.. I don't know how I can make it accurate.

4. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Come to the hatch along thread. All the hatching gurus are there. Please someone post the link. I cant copy paste on my mobile

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by