Easter egger eggs

chicken man101

Hatching
Jun 2, 2016
Can anyone help me ,..... I have about 7 different breeds of chicken and the only one im in question of is my easter egger. Why do her eggs float mind you it dosnt matter the age if the eggs ie. 1 hr old or 2 weeks they ALL float (only have one bird)

As far as I know the float test is only to determine if eggs are old or fresh, for eating. Old ones rise to the top. Fresh ones stay down. It doesn't indicate fertility. If you crack an egg open and it shows a "bulls-eye." That indicates germination has begun.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Maybe she lays eggs with a larger air cell? As an egg ages the egg naturally loses moisture and the air cell grows so maybe she lays eggs with a larger cell from the off.
Have a chat with EE owners who could shed some more light for you ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/273489/the-ee-braggers-thread

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Does her eggs float when they're freshly laid? They shouldn't… fresh eggs normally have just about no air cell. Can you crack an egg open and show us what it looks like?

Back
Top Bottom