Easter Egger genders and colors

Ozarkhomesteader

Songster
9 Years
Oct 18, 2014
Arkansas
These were all obtained at the feed store in a mixed bin. I know they are easter eggers, but would love to know the colors (if they have a specific color) and if you know what they will look like as adults i would love to see pictures. I think they are all boys, but would like some confirmation. They are 12 weeks old.

Stormy

Warlock

Abner

Warlock and Abner are cockerels. Easter Eggers don't exactly have standard colors. They can have any color/pattern combination. Stormy most closely resembles Silver Partridge. From a genetics standpoint, the boys look like they have a blue dilute gene, silver partridge pattern, and red leakage.

Warlock and Abner are cockerels. Easter Eggers don't exactly have standard colors. They can have any color/pattern combination. Stormy most closely resembles Silver Partridge. From a genetics standpoint, the boys look like they have a blue dilute gene, silver partridge pattern, and red leakage.
Thank You! Could stormy be a girl then? Thanks for the color/genetic ideas. Having another girl would totally put me at a better ratio than 3:4 since i have one definite girl other than these. Thanks again!

Stormy appears to be a pullet for now. Her coloring and pattern are fairly even and uniform, and the comb is still looks small, flat, and pale. Warlock and Abner have combs that are too bright pink to be pullets.

Stormy appears to be a pullet for now. Her coloring and pattern are fairly even and uniform, and the comb is still looks small, flat, and pale. Warlock and Abner have combs that are too bright pink to be pullets.
Nice! i hope she stays a girl my sister will be quite happy. She got two chicks from a bin labeled "fry pan special" and didn't know it at the time but all were supposed to be boys. Those were he only two, and based on peoples help it looks like they are both pullets! As for the other two, it looks like i will keep the best looking nicest one and sell or eat the other. Thanks for your help!

Agreed

Back
Top Bottom