Easter egger help, is this a roo?

BeachMomma

Chirping
Jun 25, 2015
NC
We have 3 Easter eggers that are probably about 5 wks old. They were sold to my father in law as pullets from Southern States. However I have some serious doubts that this girl is really a girl so some help would be greatly appreciated.

The partridge color one is our suspect. The black/white and the gray one I'm fairly confident are girls.

I think you need to wait it out a little more. I was absolutely POSITIVE I had a rooster in my bunch, and I was 100% wrong. She is VERY much a pullet (she definitely lays eggs, caught her laying). I have pictures from when she was younger, but I can't access them right this minute.

I really hope it's a pullet. We have a small Dominique flock and have a rooster already so we definitely can't deal with another.

How long should we wait

I'd say at least a few more weeks before making a decision. These guys are tricky little buggers. If you happen to hear a crow before then then you really know you have your answer, but it doesn't scream rooster to me.

Try to get a few better feather shots near the tail, and look to see if they're more rounded. I don't see any that look pointed, but it's hard to tell in your pics.

Hopefully these pictures will help.
The color of her comb looks more vibrant in the picture than it really is. It's the slightest orangish where her skin meets the comb

There's no splotches of red/burgandy anywhere on her as of now.

Last edited:
Yea, it doesn't scream roo. It reminds me a lot of when Tiny was little. She had feathering like that and I was SO sure she was a cockerel. She proved me wrong. As of right now, it looks like you have a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom