Easter Egger is turning out BEAUTIFUL!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LTygress, Dec 9, 2013.

1. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    I had to share, because this little one is turning out to be beautiful. She has a different type of color with an almost solid-black head that I have only really seen on roosters (which then gets replaced by their hackle feathers which makes the black obsolete). And then the rest of her body is developing into a dark red, instead of a light brown. All of that combined with the slight fluff of her cheeks from the Ameraucana lineage, she's just turning into a beautiful hen!

I like this one almost as much as my gold-laced white hen that I got last year!

And I'm pretty sure it's a hen as well. Correct me if you see otherwise, but she looks hen-ish to me.

PLEASE NOTE: I know she has an upper respiratory infection causing her right eye to be swollen and full of "goop". But I'm treating it now. That's why she's inside, and part of why I really paid attention to how pretty she's turning out to be! She's only on day one right now, and she'll have another three days of penicillin injections until I put her back in the pen with the rest of them. So yeah, I know something is wrong with her right eye in these photos. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ramblin Rooster

Ramblin Rooster Hatchaholic

Apr 14, 2012
    Fairfield, Connecticut
    So gorgeous! I love the EE's they are so cute with their beards and have amazing colorings. Hoping to hatch myself some this spring!

3. mandymae1984

mandymae1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2013
    I have a few of ee`s i love them! Beautiful birds!!!

4. GreatPyrLover

GreatPyrLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC
    Love my EE's, this one is a beauty too, and looks like a hen to me!!

5. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    I'm just head-over-heels for that dark color she is developing! When you simply look at her, you don't really see the red feathers in her head at all. You just see the fluffy black.

I can't wait for her illness to clear up though. When the feathers grow back into that side of her face, I'll try to get a better pic from the front.

6. IloveBuffy

IloveBuffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2013
    I have an EE too, they are good 'mousers', mine ate two[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by