Easter Egger Laying?

beth1004

Songster
Feb 11, 2018
Duluth, GA
At what age do Easter Eggers start laying? I found a blue/green egg this evening. The color looks a little darker greenish shade than the blues that I have been getting from my Ameracaunas. The Easter Eggers are 3months old.

Usually, chickens begin laying eggs at around 6 months old. However, larger, heavier birds like Wyandottes, Plymouth Rocks and Orpingtons will lay on the later side whereas lighter, smaller breeds like Leghorns, Stars, and Australorps will start laying sooner.

Wow! My chicklets are about to be 3 months old and I was not expecting eggs from them for another month! Most of them are EEs but I think I have 5 Brown Leghorns. Makes sense that you could have an egg this early, I guess; if the cockerels are old enough to start crowing, it must mean they are all getting those hormones going, right? And at least two of mine are definitely practicing their crowing. I'll watch for eggs!

At what age do Easter Eggers start laying? I found a blue/green egg this evening. The color looks a little darker greenish shade than the blues that I have been getting from my Ameracaunas. The Easter Eggers are 3months old.
How old are the Ameraucana's...and how long have they been laying?
How do you tell the Am's apart from the EE's?
3 months(12 weeks) is too young to lay.

Here's some tips on how to tell....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/

Back
Top Bottom