Easter egger? let me know your opition...please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ohbella, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ohbella

ohbella Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2009
    SoCal
    i got this little girl a few days ago. anyone's guess on if i'll get blue/green eggs from her?
    does she look like maybe a bantam too? i was told she is three months old. i included a picture of her with my full size SLW. this little girl is much much smaller then my welsummer that was hatched 4-19. currently she is on the bottom on the pecking order, but she getting more acclimated. i am really looking for a wheaten Ameraucana, but so far, no luck :-(
    thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. emjay

emjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    I have her twin. MIne is 14 weeks old. Her mom is a barnvelder color, and of bantam x size, very short legs. This baby is quite small, I would guess yours would have bantam in her as well. I am thinking I will be getting a pale brown, or maybe if I'm lucky, pale green egg. Her mom lays a pale brown. Do you know who the daddy is??

[​IMG]

3. ohbella

ohbella Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2009
    SoCal
    wow! that is practically her twin!
    Her dad was a full size big "ameraucana" (EE) rooster from Welp Hatchery. the mom was purchased from someone locally as an EE. the mom laid pale green eggs. so i figure with dad's blue gene and mom's light green gene, i should get some colour...right?
    any ideas on age or egg colour for this one? and pullet right?
    i am not too sure about the age of this one. i was told three months but she is quite small. ive never had bantams so i don't know how their size is. the girl i got her from said she fed scratch for the first few months, i feed chick starter, not scratch. so hopfully, she'll grow more with more nutrients.
    http://www.welphatchery.com/rare/ameraucana.asp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by