Easter egger mix-will lay...(color)..eggs?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Angiebubs, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Amery, WI WI/MN border
    ....what color eggs?

I have two cochin bantam mixes...and they have the lil beard/muff......if they were mixed with EE's...what color eggs would they lay?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. BBrock

BBrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    cairo ga.
    Brown, pink or green.

3. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:do they have pea combs? if they do, then you have about 98% chances they will lay green eggs

4. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Amery, WI WI/MN border
    Still trying to figure out what kind of comb they have-the combs are so small I can't really tell.....I was told they were cochin bantys but with the lil beard muffs they have to be mixed. What besides EEs could they be? Favorelles,-anything else? They also have feather legs.

[​IMG]

This pic is taken at an odd angle and makes her look less of a fluff ball then she really is.....but she wants to check out the camera everytime I get close

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  5. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    you know, they say a chicken will lay eggs f whatever colored egg they hatch. So i fully expected brown eggs out of my orp/amer cross, but she lays a pretty green egg [​IMG]

6. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:An F1 mix of any brown egger to a true blue egg layer will result in a green egger every single time. If mixing the f1 to another brown laying breed, you would likely still end up with a green egg layer. The further you breed away from blue egg gene you will end up back to brown.

7. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:Mille Fleur/d'uccle have beards and feathered feet, D'anvers have beards, Polish have beards, Marans have feathered feet, Polish can have beards, brahmas have feathered feet, Silkies have beards and feathered feet...finding out the lineage of a mixed breed is difficult!

I am going to say that this pullet is unlikely an Easter Egger, she would likely have green legs vs. pure yellow.

8. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:An F1 mix of any brown egger to a true blue egg layer will result in a green egger every single time. If mixing the f1 to another brown laying breed, you would likely still end up with a green egg layer. The further you breed away from blue egg gene you will end up back to brown.

oh, thanks for the info!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by