easter egger mutt?

ChicknewbieChic

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 24, 2012
Hey all!

So yesterday I acquired a little rescue mutt. All of her sisters disappeared" and she was the only one left. Her previous owners didn't feed her, they left her to forage on her own. Is this a good thing I mean can birds survive on free range alone? It wouldn't seem so as she is supposed to be a year old.and my 6 month old Wyanottemakes her look shrimpy! 8 can see her keel and her feathers are extremely dull and tattered!

so anyways, she looks like an ameraucana to me, with the dark legs, no wattles, full beard. She even showed me her grattitude by laying me the most beautiful green large egg this afternoon! (I would have never thought that she could even produce in her condition)

The thing that confuses me is she has 5 toes on her feet!

Does this make her a mutt or what?

she is an EE. an ee is any chicken that posses/carries the blue egg laying gene. it sounds like she is a bantam-medium sized. pics would help though on that part

A pic would help a lot. Sounds like she has one ee parent and one 5 toed. Does she have a crest or feathers on her legs? What type of comb does she have?

she is clean legged, no crest and her comb is very small... Not sure what type it is, ill have to look it up.

I don't think she is bantam, her height is the same as my standard girls, szhe just very very thin.

Shey is also having a hard time fitting into the flock. My two top girls keep attacking her :'( and she just squats down and takes it. I try to intervene as best I can but I can't be there 24/7. She has been sleeping in my nest box because I think she is afraid of the girls on the roost. Once she acclimates will she start to roost?

I'll try to post a pic once i get one.

Back
Top Bottom