Easter egger or golden laced wyandotte?

jessshell

Songster
5 Years
Aug 6, 2016
NW, Indiana
Hello! I have a chick that I thought was an Easter egger, but after seeing some pics of golden laced wyandotte it looks a lot like her. What do you guys think? In the first pic she is like 5 weeks old, second pic she is 4ish weeks old. She is the mystery chick from Meyers hatchery
Snapchat-1066963008.jpg
20190808_103643.jpg

jessshell

Songster
5 Years
Aug 6, 2016
NW, Indiana
I need more advice! I thought that this chick was a pullet (I got 8 that were all suppose to be females) but today I noticed her wattles have grown and reddened overnight!! She is 6 weeks old. Is she actually a cockerel?
20190819_192915.jpg

Katepete722

In the Brooder
Dec 23, 2018
My GLW was the first of my chicks to have wattles and they were quite pink, as was her comb. I was convinced she was a cockerel, but she is now a gorgeous hen and one of my first layers! I got some comments on here that indicated that wyandottes' combs and wattles may color up earlier than other breeds.

Good luck to you. Hope she is a she!

jessshell

Songster
5 Years
Aug 6, 2016
NW, Indiana
My GLW was the first of my chicks to have wattles and they were quite pink, as was her comb. I was convinced she was a cockerel, but she is now a gorgeous hen and one of my first layers! I got some comments on here that indicated that wyandottes' combs and wattles may color up earlier than other breeds.

Good luck to you. Hope she is a she!

Thank you! I will give you an update when I find out!

Top Bottom