1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

easter egger? or not

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chicksrocka, Sep 7, 2009.

1. chicksrocka

chicksrocka Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2009
    I have an EE that has a huge comb~even for a roo, that is almost flopping over. she has a beard and muffs, and even seems to have wattles (not big, not that small). isn't this not normal for an EE?
    thanks for input~I'll try to get some good pics. btw, the comb looks like a single comb instead of a pea comb.

2. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    EE's can have ANY comb, so there is no "normal" for an EE

3. chicksrocka

Jun 4, 2009
    ok~thats good to know~so there isn't any standard? (even for the mixed breed)? because she is also pretty big probably 6 pounds. she is 19 weeks old

4. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    There is no standard, However some EE's are easier to pick out [​IMG]

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    An EE is a cross--could be a cross of just about any breed with a bird that somewhere in its background was a bird who laid a blue egg.

An EE can have any type of comb, although pea combs are most common as they are linked to the blue egg gene. It can have any colour of legs. It can have any colour or pattern on the plumage. It can have a muff/beard or be clean faced. It can have feathered legs or not. It can be large fowl or bantam. It can have a naked neck or not. It can even have silkie feathering.

6. chicksrocka

Jun 4, 2009
    wow! thats alot of options for an EE! thanks guys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by